It's that time of year and we're thrilled to bring you all of the season's jewelry tidings wrapped up in LUXURY Link style. With Hanukkah underway and little less than two weeks til' Christmas, we're sharing last minute gift recommendations, vibrant holiday fashion jewelry, a sit down with one of the most discerning luxury jewelry bloggers on the scene, Katerina Perez, and a round-up of the season's best Instagram snaps that will have even the Scrooges in our midst getting in the holiday spirit.
In addition to our price-pointed gift guide and sparkly fashion features, we're also highlighting top retailers around the country, where gifts for every type of jewelry customer can be found. These stores have been shopping our jewelry shows all year long for the right selection of merchandise to present and this is their time to shine! Many of these stores will be joining the larger JCK family for JCK Tucson, a unique design-focused show, which will set up shop at the JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa February 3-7, 2016. To learn more and register for the jewelry industry's winter oasis, visit jckonline.com/Tucson/luxlink.
Last but not least, we'd like to introduce you to the newest member of the LUXURY community, Michael M. Our interview with brand CEO Peter Meksian illuminates how this collection is making a name for itself as the go-to source for bold and modern bridal (and fashion) designs. We're thrilled to welcome them to our 2016 event —sure to be the most impressive LUXURY yet with an expanded show that now includes Prestige and LUXURY Watch.
Until then, wishing you all a happy, healthy, and prosperous holiday season!
Event Director, LUXURY & Swiss Watch Events
LUXURY Gift Guide
Our annual holiday gift-guide has something for every jewelry occasion—solitaires and bands for the romantics, well-priced trends for the fashionistas, classic crowd-pleasers for the traditionalists, and true statement pieces for the woman who has everything. As always, we feature a range of prices. Let the shopping begin!
- Jye Intl - 18k Yellow and white gold diamond bangles
- Claude Thibaudeau – Platinum & rose gold featuring 'Glacier' blue diamond
- Bapalal Keshavlal – Ruby Fish Eye Earrings with pear-shape rubies in 18k white gold.
- Vianna Brasil – 18k White gold, Imperial topaz, and diamond pendant
- Andreoli – 18k White gold, diamond, ruby, and turquoise earrings
- Simon G. – 18k White and rose gold bracelet featuring diamonds and rubies
- Amden – 18k White gold 'Seamless Eternity' diamond band
- Oscar Heyman – Multicolor sapphire, Tsavorite and Diamond Necklace in 18kt gold and platinum. Contains over 123cts.
- JB Star – Platinum and diamond statement earrings
- Kirk Kara – Split shank engagement ring and band from the Pirouetta collection featuring signature handcrafted details and peek-a-boo diamonds set in 18k rose gold
- Sasha Primak – Bezel-set ‘Big & Small’ diamond eternity band. Each ring features 5/8 ct set in 18k white, yellow and rose gold
- Lazare Kaplan International – ‘Elegant Flame’ diamond earrings, available in multiple sizes
- Sylvie Collection – 14k Rose gold open-work diamond pendant
- Allison Kaufman – 14k Rose gold and morganite earrings
- Doves by Doron Paloma – 18k yellow gold and diamond necklace
- Breuning – 14k yellow gold, continuous circle, wire form earring
- Crown Ring – Diamond brushed ‘Platinum Innovation Award-winning’ mens band with 21 scattered diamonds and a detailed rope edge
- Amden – 14k Rose gold diamond cluster flower pendant
- S&R Designs – Single strand bracelet, link clasp with white zirconia in SS/Yellow and White
- KC Designs – Diamond Initial Pendant in 14k White Gold
- Doves by Doron Paloma – 14K yellow and gold diamond earrings
- Artistry – 14k White gold and diamond 'Love' nameplate necklace
- Dilamani – 14k White gold and diamond dagger pendant
- Supreme – 14k White and yellow gold and diamonds two-way ring & pendant
- Sylvie Collection – 14k Rose gold, rhodilite, and diamond stud earrings
Deck the Halls with Balls of Color
There is no better time to break out statement baubles than the holiday season. From Hanukkah celebrations and Christmas parties to New Years fetes, the time for statement jewelry is now. And this year, the common theme among our designers' best offerings is big, bright, and bold. These jewel tones are the perfect match to the festivity of the season. Enjoy this merriment!
- Dilamani – 18k White gold, diamond, and emerald necklace
- Simon G. - 3.28 ct Pink spinel center stone encircled by 1.35 ctw of diamonds set into 18k white and rose gold
- Vianna Brasil – 18k Yellow gold with savage green tourmaline, green tourmaline, pink tourmaline, rubelite, and diamonds
- Artistry – 14k White gold, diamond, and blue sapphire necklace
- Bapalal Keshavlal - 18k gold, diamond and gemstone cuff
- JB Star – Diamond and sapphire earrings set in platinum
- Oscar Heyman – Spessartite garnet, spinel and diamond ring in 18kt gold and platinum. 12 round pink spinels surround a 6.11ct gorgeous spessartite garnet.
- Supreme – 18k White gold, diamond, and emerald chandelier earrings
- Andreoli – 18k Yellow gold, diamond, ruby, and emerald earrings
- Jye’s International Inc. – 18k White gold, diamond, and ruby necklace
Holiday Gift Tour
Got customers in Aventura, FL, Washington D.C., or Wichita, KS? Perhaps you're shopping for yourself in Houston or San Francisco? Never fear, LUXURY retailers are everywhere! And where there are LUXURY retailers, there are LUXURY gifts. To help locate the best gifts in the best stores, see our geographic gift-retailer matching guide. Now here's a map you'll want to study!
- A. Jaffe Maps collection – Ben Bridge Jewelers, Seattle, WA
- Sylvie Collection Ring – Padis Jewelry, San Francisco, CA
- A. Link Flex collection – Hyde Park Jewelers, Phoenix, AZ
- Mastoloni Pearls – Randy Cooper's Fine Jewelry, Wichita, KS
- Sutra Earrings – Zadok, Houston, TX
- Jye’s International Inc. Bangles – Ford Gittings & Kane, Rome, GA
- Scott Kay Men's cufflinks – Kings 1912, North Miami Beach, FL
- Doves by Doron Paloma Necklace – Tiny Jewel Box, Washington D.C.
- Kirk Kara set – Massoyan Jewelers, Old Tappan, NJ
- Michael M. Engagement ring – H.L. Gross, Garden City, NY
New to LUXURY – Meet Michael M.
The newest addition to the LUXURY community is making quite a splash in the industry with an impressive diamond-intensive collection and a provocative new brand campaign. Since bursting onto the scene nearly a decade ago, Michael M. has steadily been honing in on its signature look and increasing its profile at the same time—the brand boasts an impressive 200K plus Facebook fans and 43.3K Instagram followers. With the holidays, a new year, and their first LUXURY show all on the horizon, we sat down with brand CEO Peter Meksian and his Director of Operations, Brian Fuller, to get the scoop on all things Michael M.—in a nutshell, it's a welcome and fabulous "break from tradition"!
LL: Describe the Michael M. brand in 5 words.
MM Team: Quality, Precision, Modern, Diamond Intensive, Bold.
LL: Can you give us an overview of your product offerings? Any new collections in the works?
PM: Our core offering is bridal and we have over 10 different lines in the category, including custom, that cover the gamut of looks from antique to vintage to modern. I will caveat that by saying that everything is done in the signature Michael M. way, which leans to the modern side, and we are BIG on diamonds. Our looks are bold, but there is definitely something for everyone. We also have a fine jewelry collection which features a range of fashion pieces; some are couture creations that focus on colored stones and rough cuts accentuated by diamonds and others are classic, yet playful, all white diamond staples, We are currently working on a new 14k price point fashion collection, so stay tuned!
LL: Why LUXURY?
MM Team: Moving to LUXURY is about serving our client base. Our core collection is bridal and those customers are shopping at LUXURY. We want to be part of that community and exhibit where it will be a seamless and convenient shopping experience for our existing stores. And are looking forward to meeting new LUXURY doors as well!
LL: Tell us about the new campaign we've been seeing all over social media and the hottest fashion magazine?
MM Team: The new campaign is the result of A LOT of consumer research. Michael M. has a first-time bridal buyer, but she's 32 rather than 22. She is a woman who is not afraid to invest in herself. She's at least a college grad, if not more, and is looking for something her peer group doesn't have. Every jewelry ad looks so similar and to get her attention we had to break the mold or, as the hashtag says, #breaktradition. She wants quality, expertise, service, passion, and a permanent expression of her individuality. Our goal with the visual messaging is to capture the essence of this consumer and speak to her interests.
LL: What are some pieces from the collection you would recommend for holiday gifts?
MM Team: The diamond huggies, fashion band, and swinging circle pendant from our fine jewelry collection. All are classic, gift-able items, but each with a little bit of a playful twist or modern edge that is signature Michael M.
Blogger Spotlight: Katerina Perez
For our holiday edition, it seemed only fitting to interview one of the most discerning luxury jewelry bloggers on the scene, none other than Katerina Perez. Russian-born and raised in London, Katerina was brought up with an appreciation for art and history that informs her knowledge of, reporting on, and support of fine jewelry. Her blog, KaterinaPerez.com invites readers to "Discover the world's most exquisit fine jewels," and it does not dissapoint. Need last minute luxe-holiday inspiration? We highly recommend you take a gander.
- Dilamani – Choker
- Asher – Ear Climbers
- Lazare Kaplan International – Tennis Bracelet
LL: What was your favorite jewelry trend from 2015?
KP: As I like my jewellery to be prominent, the trend of 2015 I favoured the most was chocker necklaces, especially the statement ones. I am glad that the trend continues in the new season.
LL: Speaking of trends, do you shop them or stick to the classics?
KP: I personally wear fine jewellery only and tend to go for the pieces that help me to express my personality, sometimes more traditional like a diamond tennis bracelet, sometimes something edgy like an ear cuff. I see jewellery as something that lasts and looks great today and many years after.
LL: What, in your opinion, is the best accessory to dress up holiday cocktail party attire?
KP: A cocktail ring (to show off when you hold that glass of bubbly)!
LL: What is your idea of the perfect holiday gift?
KP: Something that is meaningful regardless of its value.
LL: What jewelry item would you gift to the girl who has it all?
KP: A beautiful coffee table book on jewelry so that she can learn more about self-adornment.
LUXURY On Instagram: The Season’s Best Snaps
From gratitude themed Thanksgiving messages to Hanukkah and Christmas posts emanating joy and cheer, LUXURY designers have to taken to Instagram this season to share their love of all things Holiday. And our feeds have never been more enticing!